- This event has passed.
Chi Fu Valley Heritage Hiking + Filming
August 25, 2015 - August 30, 2015Free
If you’re interested in film production, history or natural heritage, look no further.
Chi Fu Valley, a green area of interesting stories, unique architectures, natural heritage and new challenges, awaits your exploration and documentary.
In this orientation program, we will hike through the valley and listen to local residents telling stories about our neighborhood and challenges it’s facing. We will use our smartphones/cameras to capture the moments of our exploration of the beautiful valley and get to know its history and natural heritage. We will also interview experts in architectural conservation to understand what’s happening to our changing community.
In the end, we are going to make short films to show what we’ve found and compete for a prize!
2:30 PM: Project briefing with Steve Sau, Green Belt Concern Group, Chi Fu Fa Yuen Residents’ Association
Students can do some research and plan out shooting in the remaining of the day
8:30 AM: Gather on 4/F lobby for breakfast and going to Chi Fu Fa Yuen
9:30 AM – 12:30 PM: Chi Fu Valley Hiking + Filming with Steve Sau and his colleagues
Tutors Mex, Horatius, Ernest and the media team will be there to take care of the students and lead the production
August 27 and 28
Interviews with professors and experts on heritage (schedule to be announced)
Students will be split in teams and interview experts
August 27 – 29
The media team will produce one piece using all the footages while students can make their own pieces and submit
Best student film will win a prize (prize to be announced)
Show the film(s) in the Welcome Party
Quota: 15 (first-come-first-served)
Download pdf here
Download pdf here
- Short article on the relationship between conservation and development: http://www.liberalstudies.hk/blog/ls_blog.php?mode=showThread&id=2478&mother_id=862
- Attached is the UNESCO document mentioned in the above article (two copies attached – one in English and the other in Chinese).
- Short article on the social objectives of conservation: http://www.liberalstudies.hk/blog/ls_blog.php?mode=showThread&id=2246&mother_id=862
Dr. Patrick Manson, one of the founders of Dairy Farm
issue of 5 Oct 2014, Post Magazine, SCMP
Diary Farm Reference
- The milky way : the history of dairy farm / Nigel Cameron, 1986.
- Bethanie and Nazareth: French secret from a British colony/Alain Le Pichon. 2007 A chapter on dairy farm is Of Public Health, Dairies, and Cowsheds, P. 107.
- 薄扶林村 : 太平山下的歷史聚落 = Pokfulam village : a historical settlement below Victoria Peak / 明愛社區服務處策劃 ; [冼昭行撰寫].
- Old Valuable Trees: http://www.trees.gov.hk/en/tree_appreciation/register_old_valuable_tree/index.html
- Trees on Bonham Road: https://hk.news.yahoo.com/石牆四老榕捱斬-般咸道坊眾祭樹魂-215509114.html
Do more research yourself and find your own angle to tell the stories of heritage!