- This event has passed.
18th High Table Dinner of Shun Hing College
October 23, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
You are cordially invited to the Shun Hing College 18th High Table Dinner. Please find below the details of the event and the registration.
Date: Sunday, 23rd October 2016
Time: Registration from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Cocktail Reception from 5:45 PM to 6:30 PM
(Please REGISTER at the registration table and be seated by 6:40 PM*)
High Table Dinner starts at 6:45 PM
Venue: Registration and Cocktail Reception on the 4/F podium
High Table Dinner in College Hall, Jockey Club Student Village III, HKU
Dress Code: Formal/ National Costume** + Green Gown (UG)/ Black Gown (PG)***
Gentlemen – Black or dark-coloured suit and trousers, white or light-coloured shirt, tie/bow-tie, black or dark-coloured leather shoes.
Ladies – Simple knee-length/ long dress OR shirt with knee-length/ long skirt or trousers, leather shoes.
* Attendance in the High Table Dinner is required in the Shun Hing College and will be evaluated during the readmission process. Late admissions will not be counted unless granted prior approval.
** To promote the cultural diversity of the College, we highly encourage residents to wear their national costumes to the High Table Dinner.
*** Green Gowns are NOT compulsory IF residents wear NATIONAL COSTUMES.
Unless otherwise specified, the gown is a required piece of apparel at the college high table dinners.
If you have further inquiries about issues concerning formal attire, please contact your tutors or the Student Committee. Please respect the High Table as a formal and traditional occasion and dress appropriately.
THE DEADLINE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION IS 11:59PM, 17th October 2016, Monday.
Click here to REGISTER: https://goo.gl/forms/TyVeCeOcAS89hbvK2
*Please note that the online registration is compulsory for all residents whether you can attend the high table dinner or not.
Late attendance and absence will not be counted towards the re-admission process unless given prior approval. If you are unable to register online for any reason, please register at our counter on the day of the High Table Dinner.
A receipt will be e-mailed to you after registration to confirm your successful registration within 2 working days. For attendance taking, please bring along your UID to the registration counter before entering the College Hall. Tickets will also be distributed at the registration counter.
For those who prefer non-alcoholic drinks, soft drinks will be provided on both the cocktail reception and during the high table dinner.
Before the Dinner
– Observe the dress code. There is no cloak room, please do not bring a big bag.
– Bring your student card and ticket.
– Turn off your cell phone or switch it to silent before you enter the hall. Leave it in your pocket or purse. It is impolite to answer a phone during dinner.
– Wear your gowns and proceed to the hall orderly. Please be seated by 6:40 PM.
During the Dinner
– The College will rise when the procession starts.
– Wait until all your fellow students are served at your table before commencing supper.
– Mingle and make conversations with those around you.
– Be considerate and do not talk excessively loud.
– Do not leave the dinner table unless for emergencies.
End of the Dinner
– The College will rise when the head table leaves the stage. Please wait for an announcement before proceeding to the tea and coffee session.
– Please be aware that your gown must be taken off before you leave the College premises.