Shun Hing College Event Organization GuideYour ultimate guide to initiating something in SHC
The deadline for submission of event proposals for academic year 22-23 semester 2 has passed.
For an event scheduled in the upcoming summer (June to August 2023), please submit your proposal three weeks before the event day, from 01 May 2023.
For an event scheduled in academic year 23-24 (September 2023 to May 2024), please submit your proposal from 01 May 2023 (Deadline: 31 March 2024).
We encourage every college student to initiate something here and contribute to our community. Please read the full guide carefully and follow it strictly when you organize events in SHC to help us keep things organized and maximize efficiency. (Updated on April 2023)
*Note: This guide is for organizing events that use college resources (e.g. long-time occupation of public space, budget, branding, staff etc.) only.
Planning (Application & Event-coverage, Poster Design)
- Plan out your event, get a tutor as the event supporting tutor. (Please note that the final approval decision will be made by the college master)
- Submit a brief proposal (purpose, date, budget, promotion material, simple rundown) and an event poster to your supporting tutor.
- Wait for the approval of your event. (Contact person: your supporting tutor)
- Apply for event coverage by SHC Media. Please email Resident Tutor Oliver (email@example.com). After editing, the photos will be available in college Flickr albums and college Facebook albums. If the college Photography Team is not available, please take some photos (landscape layout) by yourself and send them to your supporting tutor within two days after your event.
Promoting (Poster, Facebook, Website, & Mass-email)
- Create a Facebook event yourself and start inviting people on Facebook.
- After you confirm the event promotion material with your supporting tutor, notify Resident Tutor Kevin (firstname.lastname@example.org) about the Facebook event you created (in case you would like college Facebook to create an event directly, please mention in the email) and attach your poster JPG file, so the college can help promote your event on our official Facebook page and Instagram.
- Ask your supporting tutor to help send out the mass email and print poster. (For internal event, 6 working days in advance; for JCSV III event, 11 working days in advance)