Shun Hing College Event Organization GuideYour ultimate guide to initiating something in SHC
We encourage every college student to initiate something here and contribute to our community. Please read the full guide carefully and follow it strictly when you organize events in SHC to help us keep things organized and maximize efficiency. (Updated on 01 Sep 2021)
*Note: This guide is for organizing events that use college resources (e.g. long-time occupation of public space, budget, branding, staff etc.) only.
Planning (Application & Event-coverage, Poster Design)
- Plan out your event, get a tutor as the event supporting tutor. (Please note that the final approval decision will be made by the college master)
- Submit a brief proposal (purpose, date, budget, promotion material, simple rundown) to your supporting tutor.
- Wait for the approval of your event. (Contact person: your supporting tutor)
- Apply for event coverage by SHC Media. Please email Tutor Oliver (firstname.lastname@example.org) for photography or Tutor John (email@example.com) for videography 7 days before your event. After editing, the photos will be available in college Flickr albums (https://www.flickr.com/photos/138166612@N06/albums); the video will upload to college server and Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/hkurcblocka)
Promoting (Poster, Facebook, Website, & Mass-email)
- Create a Facebook event yourself and start inviting people on Facebook.
- After you confirm the event promotion material with your supporting tutor, notify Tutor Andrew (firstname.lastname@example.org) about the Facebook event you created (in case you would like college FB to create an event directly, please mention in the email) and attach your poster JPG file, so the college can help promote your event on our official Facebook page.
- In order to update the Upcoming Events calendar on the college website, please email Nicolas (email@example.com) with a brief description of the event including poster JPG file as soon as the details of the event are confirmed. In absence of any information, the content of the mass email sent out to the residents will be used to update the event’s calendar.
- Ask your supporting tutor to help send out the mass email.